Thursday, October 25, 2007

We finally did it! We have a blog!

Welcome to Creative Tips for Moms! I hope this will be a blog that you will frequently visit. One of my creative daughters has worked hard this week making this blog become a reality for me. She loves working on the computer and she also likes to help her Mom get her "to do" list done. :-) I think she has done a wonderful job!

One of the gifts the Lord has blessed me with is the gift of organization. I found out early on in my homeschooling journey that one of the keys for us having a successful day in school was to start our day with an organized home. So, first I'll be sharing some tips for organizing different areas of your home and life at first. Don't worry if organizing isn't "your thing" because I have other creative tips to pass on as well. Hopefully, I will share something that will bless your home as you serve your families.

I think the first place to start in organizing your home is to declutter. I learned from a mom of eight a few years back that "less is better". The less we have to take care of, the easier it is to manage our homes. I like to declutter our home about every two months. We will have a "declutter day" and everybody is responsible for cleaning out their drawers, closets, and rooms. Our goal is to get rid of stuff we aren't using! We like to fill up a big black trash bag and haul it to the trash can. We will make a pile for donating to Goodwill or the Salvation Army or to families that we know can use those items. We enjoy the fruits of our labor when we have finished. I have found that doing this every few months helps keep the clutter down and actually makes the job easier in the long run.

No comments: