Sunday, December 30, 2007

Something to think about

I saw this quote the other day by Elisabeth Elliot and thought it was worth posting:

"One reason we are so harried and hurried is that we make yesterday and tomorrow our business, when all that legitimately concerns us is today. If we really have too much to do, there are some items on the agenda which God did not put there. Let us submit the list to Him and ask Him to indicate which items we must delete. There is always time to do the will of God. If we are too busy to do that, we are too busy."~ Elisabeth Elliott

I think we do have to be careful when our "to do" lists get too long. I find my focus is in the wrong places when I have too much going on. As I tell me family, if there's too much going on, I have a hard time being nice. And if I'm having a hard time being nice to the people I love to the most, something has to change. So, then it's time to stop and regroup and get my priorities in order.



1 comment:

eph2810 said...

Amen to that, Molly. It is so true, if we are too busy to spend a little time with God that we are too busy. Thank you so much for sharing this timeless wisdom by Mrs. Elliot.

Blessings to you and yours.