Friday, July 4, 2008

Menus for Moms

I found this site this morning and thought it might be helpful for moms. They have some great tools for menu planning. I try to revamp my menus during the summertime when I have more spare time. I find that if I do that during the summer, I don't have to worry about it during the school year. I think I shared on here that I take a whole calendar and fill in every single block with a menu, then I just start with the first day of the month and make my grocery list from that. Honestly, we can't remember from month to month what we ate when, so it really does help us. It certainly lowers my stress level and helps me keep my brain cells. Ha! I used to do weekly meal planning, but found I just didn't have time during the week to do. So, I spend a good portion of a day meal planning and it's done until summer comes again. I've also been known to do a fall/winter menu and a spring/summer menu. We eat different foods at different times of the year, so that's another idea. If you want to see an idea of one of my menus, scroll down to the very beginning of when I started blogging and you'll find it there. Here's the link:

http://www.menus4moms.com/index.php

Happy meal planning!

No comments: